Sunday, June 10, 2007

SDSF

TIP # 082
SDSF

If you want to rearrange the columns in SDSF -
1.Go TO SDSF.
2.In command line type "arr ?".
3.This will bring the complete list of SDSF column names.
4.You can move the columns using "/" and "//".
One Column in the SDSF that we can bring to the front position is the MAX-RC (which usual is
the last column in SDSF ) which shows the completion code or the abend code of the job.

TIP # 083
SDSF

How to allow another user to browse my job?
Usually if we want other user to see our job, we supply them with jobname and jobid.
They use, OWNER urid and PRE urid* to browse your job.
One simple way to allow another user to browse is to change the DEST column in either the H /I
or ST panel of the particular job to the another user id(who wants to view it).
The Other user need not issue commands or change panels to view your job. It will be available
in his Hold/Output panel itself.

TIP # 084
SDSF

I have some 50 jobs in my SPOOL. I want to list only the jobs that are ABENDED.
For such a kind of listing, use the primary command FILTER on the command line as given in
the examples below
FIL MAX AB* - shows jobs that has ABENDS
Other Examples are:
FIL MAX ‘JCL ERROR’ - shows jobs that has JCL errors
FIL MAX NE ‘RC 0000’ - shows jobs with “exceptional conditions”
FIL MAX EQ ‘RC 0000’ - shows successfully completed jobs
If you want to switch off the filter, then issue FIL OFF

TIP # 085
SDSF

For selecting jobs in the SDSF queue , I either use "?" or "S".
When I use "?" , I get the break-up output groups for example like
JESMSGLG,JESJCL,JESYSMSG,SYSPRINT,SYSUT2 etc.
When I use "S" , the entire job is selected without this break-up.
Is there any command to navigate to view each output group when I use "S" to select the job?
After opening the job using "S", use "N" (next) or "P"(Previous) to navigate between different
output groups.

No comments: